Strategy is what makes or breaks a player. Going into a game without it will result in a loss and it will be reflected in your K/D ratio. This page highlights overall strategy for the MW3 multiplayer game. To see strategy on specific maps, go over the strategy tab and then go down to the map you are looking for. We have strategy for every game type and tutorial videos to help you out. This is where you will really improve your skills. Bookmark this site by holding down “Ctrl” and “D”. You’ll want to come back again and again and check out the new MW3 strategy tips we have to offer!
Overall MW3 Multiplayer Strategy:
4) LEARN THE MAPS! The biggest obstacle to overcome when you first start playing call of duty is knowing the maps. While it does come with time, you can decrease the amount of time it’s going to take you to come accustomed to the maps by viewing the layouts of the maps (which can be found on SmackaDaBKs under “Maps”), as well as by going into a private match with your friends or by yourself. Going into a private match will help you run around and explore without ever sacrificing your K/D.
2) DON’T RUN OUT! While this may be self explanatory, most people don’t understand this. Unless you are a front-runner and have very good gun skill, you should stay away from running out until you have a good feel of the game…
3) LET THE OPPONENT COME TO YOU! This goes along with rule number two and will increase your K/D in any game type. You need to stay calm. Everyone in your MW3 online multiplayer game is trying to achieve the objective, and we hope you are too, but to get more kills all you need to do is let the opponent come to you. Why do you feel it’s necessary to run to the opponents spawn while on offense in search and destroy? It’s not! Don’t do it! Stay back more towards the bomb and let your opponent run out, who needs to get to the bomb to win, and then you can easily kill them. By the end of the game your K/D and pride are through the roof.
4) TAKE COVER! The biggest contributor to your failure is exposure. In modern warfare 3, you need stay covered. Not necessarily fully covered, but enough coverage. There are an overwhelming amount of cars in this game. After they blow up, they’re a great place to take cover. Believe it or not, you can see the enemy sometimes when they can’t see you. Most of the time it is due to the fact that you are behind a car, trash can, tires, walls, etc. If an enemy happens to be behind a car that has not already been blown up, throw a grenade at them and watch it explode!
MW3 Prestige Guide
I recently completed my 5 prestige, while doing so I created an excel sheet of all measurable categories I could think of: xp, challenge points, match bonus points, length of game, kills, deaths, assists, map played, game type played amongst others. With all of this raw data I have compiled this guide as a way to prove that is easily possible and insanely fun to prestige in as little as 14 hours. Many fellow MW3 gamers enjoy prestiging but go about it the wrong way, and can end up taking in excess of 30 hours per round. Follow this guide and cut that time in half.
This rather detailed guide will walk you through how to rank up insanely quick in MW3. In this I will teach you how to EARN as much as 16,000 points per match in many games modes. You can quickly and easily prestige in as little as 13 hours without any double xp or boosting. I prestiged using this strategy in exactly 13 hours 4 mintues, compiling 2,553 kills and a K/D ratio of 1.67. I did all of this in exactly 103 matches. I have spoken to many fellow MW3 players whom are on their first prestige and it has taken then upwards of 35 hours.
Lets first begin with the basics of the Prestige system. There are a total of 80 levels in MW3. The number of points needed to get from lvl 1 to lvl 80 is 1,746,200. This number may seem staggering but I will show you how to reach it quickly.
MW3 points are broken into three distinct categories;
XP- Points you get from actually killing opponents.
Challenges- Points you get from completing various challenges.
Match Bonus- Points you get from kill streaks, winning/ loosing a match amongst other things.
From my last prestige this the the breakdown where my 1,745,200 points came from…..
XP- 212,440 points or 12.2% of total
Challenges- 994,600 points or 57% of total
Match Bonus- 457,296 or 26.2% of total
I know this only adds up to 95.4%, this is do to me losing track of about 5% of my points because the match ended early because of lost connection to host, or various other reasons. This happened to me about 5-8 times and is statistically negligible.
As is evident above a whopping 57% of all of my points came from challenges. I am not a MW3 God, and I will show you that getting such a high percentage is easily attainable through this guide.
1. Always run the specialist strike package after you reach lvl 20 with hardline pro. This will get you an insane amount of match bonus points and will save you many hours per prestige.
This is the points breakdown;
1 kill- unlock 1st extra perk and get specialist bonus of 150xp
3 kills – unlock 2nd extra perk and get specialist bonus of 150xp
5 kills- unlock 3rd extra perk and get specialist bonus of 150 xp
7 kills- unlock ALL perks and proficiencies and get a specialist bonus of 200xp
Every 2 kills after unlocking all perks and proficiencies gives you a 150xp bonus
During my last prestige I had a total of 2,253 kills. Lets assume that 40%, or 900 of these were first kills of a point streak. Using specialist with hardline would then have earned me a whopping total of 135,000 points for just getting a one kill streak. In reality this number may be much higher for some of you out their with lower k/d ratios and will contribute a larger point total towards your perstige.
2. Switch Specialist perk positions every 150 earns.
When running specialist you get challenge xp for earning each perk 5, 10, 30, 75, 150, 300, and 500 times. I’ll give you an example of how many points this gets you.
Lets say you are like me and love to run quick draw, but under this strategy your Red perk slot is occupied by hardline pro. So I choose quick draw as my 1st perk to be unlocked in my specialist package. The game tallies up everytime I earn quick draw from getting one kill. Suppose I ran this setup until I had unlocked it 150 distinct times. This is the XP I would earn
Cowboy I – Earn QD 5 times- 500 xp
Cowboy II- Earn QD 15 times- 1,000XP
Cowboy III- Earn QD 30 times- 2,500 XP
Cowboy IV- Earn QD 75 Times- 5,000 XP
Cowboy V – Earn QD 150 Times- 10,000 XP
Total xp= 19,000 XP for 150 first kills
or 126 bonus XP per kill
Lets go on to say I REALLY like QD and decide to keep it as my 1st specialist perk
Cowboy VI- Earn QD 250 times- 10,000
Total xp = 29,000 for 250 kills
or 116 bonus XP per kill
As you can see above by continuing to earn the same perk as your first specialist perk for kills 150-250 you will be effectively giving away 10 xp per kill. It is better to switch them after you hit the 150 mark.
As you can see this is easy points because if you are running hardline you unlock your first extra perk after only 1 kills, so unlocking a perk 150 times may only take you 9-13 matches depending on how many long kill streaks you go on.
2. Switch Guns every 500 kills!!
In order to rank up really quickly you have to find those 4 to 7 different guns that you are skilled with and rank up up to level 28 with usually requires around 500 kills . If you keep switching guns you will leave a substantial amount of easy challenge points on the table
To get challenge points from using primary weapons you have to do certain tasks such as getting kills, using an attachment, getting headshots, and achieving maximum weapon proficiency.
Lets take a look at the most efficient way to use the primary weapon challenge system.
Take any gun you are comfortable with and get 300 kills.
Marksman I, II, III, IV, V(500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000)= Total of 19,000 XP
Expert(Headshots) I,II(500, 1000) = Total of 1,500 Xp
5 attachments challenges= Total of 5,000 xp
Grand total Xp = 25,500Xp
For 300 kills = 85 Xp per kill
Lets take a gun all the way to lvl 28( level required to complete challenge ‘Mastery’ ) Marksman I- VI= Total of 29,000 XP
Expert(Headshots) I,II, III(500, 1000, 2500) = Total of 4,000 Xp
5 attachments challenges= Total of 5,000 xp
Mastery Total of 10,000xp
Grand total Xp = 48,000Xp
For 500 kills = 96 Xp per kill
As seen above by taking a gun from 300 kills to 500 kills you are effectively adding 11 xp points to each and every kill. This is a good way to get quick xp. It may be tempting to play as many guns as possible, but refrain from this because it really pays off to reach gun lvl 28 and earn the Mastery challenge. Remember YOU DO NOT NEED TO REACH LVL 30 TO UNLOCK MASTERY, ONLY LVL 28 AS THAT IS WHEN YOU HAVE UNLOCKED ALL PROFICIENCIES AND ATTATCHMENTS.
3. Max out you secondaries! This alone give you a mind-blowing amount of points. Take all machine and regular pistols to gun lvl 7 and get close to 100 kills with each. Most MW3 players ignore secondaries almost completely, never straying from their primary. This is the single BIGGEST mistake you can make. Taking a pistol from lvl 1 to about lvl 7-8 and getting 100 kills can take as little as 4-6 matches and will get you a whopping 21,000 challenge XP!
Here’s the breakdown:
Marksman I, II, III, IV, V (500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500)= Total of 7,500 XP
Expert I, II(500, 1000)= Total of 1,500 XP
2 Attachments( 1000 a piece)= Total of 2,000 XP
Mastery= Total of 10,000 Xp
Grand total of 21,000 XP
For 100 kills =210 XP per kill
Since there is a total of 10 machine pistols and hand guns in the game the total challenge XP earned from getting 100 kills with each of them is 210,000 !! This is 12% of the points needed to prestige and it is very easy and efficient.
This is an easy way to earn 21,000 extra challenge xp in as little as 5-7 matches if using strictly your secondary. Or alternativly you could have you sedonday equiped and use it at opportunistic times throught your perstige during normal game play.
4. Play games such as FFA, KC, or Domination. These games are fast paced and ensure that you get the highest number of kills per minute.
From my Data I found that my point velocity, measured in XP+ match bonus points per minute for these game modes was:
FFA 54 matches played for a total XP+MB= 344, 197. Total time in FFA was 405 minutes
FFA velocity = 849.9 Points/Minute played
KC 37 matches played for a total XP+MB = 261, 369. Total time in KC was 293 minutes.
KC velocity = 892.0 Points/ minute played
Dom 5 Matches played for a total XP+MB= 54,030. Total time in DOM was 55.6 Minutes
DOM velocity = 971.8 points/ minute played
These three game modes were the only ones I have much data for I played 1 game of TDM and Drop zone so do not have enough data to produce a good velocity. During the next prestige I plan on playing an equal number of DOM, KC, and FFA to find out if DOM really does have the huge advantage over the other two modes.
5. Preform these easy challenges.
Featherweight- With dead silence PRO equipped find a staircase and jump and jump off of it from a point which would normally cause you damage. Repea this process 100 times to earn yourself 27,500 XP total for Featherweight I-V in as little as 5 minutes of game play.
Parkour- With extreme conditioning PRO equipped run full speed at a claimable able object and jump over it. Repeat this process 100 times and finish challenge I-V for a total XP of 27,500. This is another challenge which can be completed in less that 5 minutes of game-play.
Bringing the Boom! While going for your secondary kills and when you have Quick draw pro unlocked and equipped (ie. Via a first kill specialist unlock) get 80 kills with your off hand weapon(ie secondary pistol) complete challenges I- V for a total of 19,000 challenge XP.
Dead Silence Pro challenges I-VI. Get a total of 250 close range kills while dead silence PRO is equipped. This gives you a total of 29,000 XP for the 250 kills and is really easy.
There are loads of other easy challenges. I encourage you to put you easy challenge suggestion in the comment section below.
Their was a easy way to unlock SitRep pro but it has been Patched.
With these easy strategy I earned an average of 16,000 points per match played over a 103 match prestige. My total points earned per kill was 659. I didn’t earn this by being a MW3 God, I was simply following a proven system to rank up fast. Most importantly about this strategy was that I had loads of fun trying all of the secondaries, various perks, and chasing those challenges. I hope this guide helps some of you have more fun with COD MW3!
Please note that most strategy guides are only viewable as a VIP Member. VIP Membership is completely free. To sign up click here!Only members can access this content. Click here to sign up for FREE!
MW3 multiplayer strategy – Guide to get an easy MOAB!
Share this page with a friend by clicking one of the icons below!